Moon is still waxing in Cancer which is likely to highlight the need to connect with your kin – be that your family, your soul clan of close friends who really see you & know you or get a hit of ‘tribe’ by going somewhere where like-minded folk hang.
In my Inner Goddess retreat, when we journey through the archetype of the inner mother who governs the heart chakra, I asked the women to pool their collective ideas to create ways they can give themselves a regular experience of community to support them to feel held & give them a sense of belonging to something greater.
I’d like to share some that have come up…
– monthly Red Tent women’s circles (craft & dream circles were also recommended & both of these were traditionally done in the Red Tent. As were spa days – pampering each other in the Red Tent is also encouraged.)
– adopt a grandparent (such as an elderly neighbour)
– create a babysitting group
– emergency phone list of friends
– pot luck dinners
– walking groups
– have Daddy Day Care days where all the Mums go out & the kids get male bonding time
– Global Healing Meditation (I run these as a free monthly webinar)
– Bellydance classes & dance meditation
– art circles / classes
– cookings days such as creating sauce making days or berry picking
– clothes swaps
– writer’s group to share your penned thoughts
– do shared fund-raisers for charity
– Meet up groups (Google that in your area via hobbies)
– Biz networking & co-mentoring breakfasts
– communal yard sales
– buy food together in bulk
– barter with your friends & neighbours
– car pooling
– open mic nights or karaoke
– games nights
– backyard cinema with friends & neighbours
Doesn’t that sound like a lovely year ahead?
If you’d like to learn how to create a Red Tent women’s circle & a Brotherhood Lodge men’s circle for your inner circle or community the course starts next week. Here are the links to secure your place:
Women’s Circles online course:
Men’s Circles online course:
Blessings on your day,
Tanishka – feel free to share this list with your friends to inspire them to create with you!
Love my lunar blog? The only way to ensure you don’t miss a post is to sign up here : https://themoonwoman.com/moon-woman-membership/